Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rum & Raisin chocolate balls for Valentine gift

I saw this recipe at TV, 
though I changed a little according to my way.

Good news: It looks like chocolate truffle, but much less calories!
And it's so easy to make, too.



This is what you need:

150g         Any sponge cakes, bought in shop
(in my case, I used mamon cake)
40g           Almond powder
2 TBSP     Rum or non-alcohole Rum syrup
(or orange juice /any kind of juice)
30g           Raisin / Prune / dried fruits
60g           Chopped black or milk chocolate (sweetened)
1/4 TBSP  Vanilla extract
3 TBSP     Cream (around 35% fat contents) 
                 Unsweetened Cocoa powder for coating








So this is the mamon cakes I bought in sale at shopping mall.
It can be bought anywhere here in Metro Manila.

*You can use any soft cake.











 I used pastry cutter to crush the sponge cake, 
but you can use food processor if you want it easier.
















Add almond powder.
(I was making a little more than double size amount)










 Time to add liquar or juice of your choice.














I specially like this brand for cream.












Add Rum or juice (or anything), Raisin, Chopped black or milk chocolate (sweetened), Vanilla extract (preferably organic),  cream  and mix well until blended.













I like to mix until well blended, but you can also intentionally leave the unblended part to enjoy the sponge taste.












If it is hard to make it to a ball,
(because it breaks so easily)
You can use cling wrapper to make it to a ball and chill until firm.









Coat them with powder cocoa.










Done!









Ready to wrap and put ribbons.











  If you want it sweeter,  you can add sugar. 

I didn't know that Valentine's day was the death anniversary of Fr. Valentine who performed wedding ceremony to a soldier who wasn't supposed to get married that time. And because of that, Fr. Valentine got death penalty.  It takes courage to do something right, and I'm sure people always remembered him as the person who supported love.


No comments:

Post a Comment